Join us on one of our Projects for up to 12 weeks a year!
As all of our programmes are residential, it takes a small team of dedicated staff to make sure everything is running smoothly. We are always on the look-out for organised, hardworking, and energetic staff to join us.
Our Student Placement Assistant roles are available during the UK and International school holidays, making them perfect for people at university, teachers and teaching assistants looking to earn a little extra money during the holidays, or those who just want to do something a little different for a few weeks!
You will take a leading role in coordinating the students’ placements and providing pastoral care for up to 24 students aged 16-19. You will be hands-on in all aspects of our projects, from placing students into hospital departments and liaising with doctors, to accompanying students on weekend safaris or to a West End show!
You won't be alone on project! You will be supervised by at least one of our full time Student Placement Coordinators, and will be joined by at least one Medical Coordinator or Doctor.
Your day to day duties might include:
- Collecting students from our arrival airport or train station and accompanying them safely to accommodation.
- Accompanying and ensuring student safety on the journey to and from our partner hospital.
- Coordinating student accommodation - making sure student rooms are ready and high-quality, and assigning students to their correct bedrooms.
- Coordinating student meals - placing orders and supervising meal times.
- Run student inductions to ensure all students are aware of our health and safety polices and can maximise their learning experience.
- Liaising with doctors and hospital staff to ensure students are involved in learning.
- Accompanying students on local excursions and running evening activities.
Location and Dates
We currently organise work experience in London, Tanzania, and Sri Lanka, and we require Student Placement Assistants in all of our locations.
While on project all accommodation, transport while working, and meals are provided for free. For those assigned to our overseas projects return flights from the UK will also be provided.
You can expect to start on our London Project and progress up to our overseas programmes. You might be able to express a preference in location, however priority will be given to returning Student Placement Assistants.
Our projects run during UK and International school holidays. During the 2018/2019 academic year this will include the following dates:
October Half Term: 14th October – 3rd November 2018
February Half Term: 10th February – 23rd February 2019
Easter Holidays: 7th April – 20th April 2019
Summer Holidays: 14th July – 24th August 2019
You do not necessarily need to be available for all of these dates. Please specify which dates you will be available during your application.
- A strong academic record or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to travel to our programme destinations for up to 6 weeks at a time
- You need to be a team player and be able to help out and jump into any task with short notice
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to “think outside the box”
- Valid Passport
- Experience living or working overseas
- Experience working with young people
- Experience organising events or group activities
You do not need to have any medical experience for this role.
First time Student Placement Assistants can expect to earn £350 per week while on project.
Returning Student Placement Assistants will also receive an additional £30 per week.
How To Apply
To apply for this role please send a CV and Cover Letter including your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: While on Project you can expect to work during evenings, weekends and public holidays. You should also expect to work long hours and/or be on call outside of office hours. Please only apply if you are able to do this.