Project London Overview
Project London is the perfect mix of medical work experience and advanced preparation for medical school. Students spend the day in simulations with experienced doctors, building their hospital work experience, and in the evenings students can immerse themselves in the buzz of London life.
This Course Includes
3 days medical work experience in a London hospital
Use of the professional medical simulation suite in a London hospital
Teaching from NHS doctors and medical students
1 day focused on medical school interviews
Mock medical school interview, with personal feedback from NHS doctor and current medical students
1 day focused on developing each element of the university application process
Central London accommodation
Breakfast and evening meals
Oyster cards for all London based travel
24/7 Medical Projects staff supervision
All Medical Projects Courses are planned to cover very specific learning objectives. The teaching sessions are designed in conjunction with experienced teachers and medical professionals.
Medical Work Experience
• Gain medical work experience required for the UCAS application
• In-depth knowledge of the role of a doctor
• Hands-on medical experience
• Experience a range of common medical conditions
• Understand a range of medical treatments for common medical conditions
• Understand a framework for patient assessment
• Be able to reflect on your own performance within a teamwork role
• Be able to reflect on your own performance
• Understanding of the medical school application process
• Understand how to maximise each element of the application process
• Understanding of the career path of a doctor
• Have a deeper awareness of the UKCAT and BMAT
• Develop a framework for medical ethics questions
• Develop a framework for choosing the right medical school for you
• Gain hands on experience of clinical skills
Medical School Interviews
• Understanding your reactions under the stress of a medical school interview
• Understand the different styles of questions
• Experience a range of real medical school interview questions
• Develop a framework for reflecting on experiences
• Understand how to improve your interview technique and answers
Weekly Course Structure
We have a lot to cover in 1 week at Project London and our Student Coordinators are experienced project managers to ensure we cover all the content.
Our students share single-gender dormitory style rooms. Students normally share with 3-4 other students as you would expect for any school trip. Our staff also stay at the same accommodation and we always have a female member of staff on duty at night. Breakfast and dinner are included each day.
Duration: 1 week
Placements Available: Pre-Medical
UK Placement Manager: Bethany Wright
Each course requires a £290 registration fee to book your chosen dates. The balance payments are as follows:
1 week - £1595
The registration fee is in addition to the balance payment.
Students are required to book their own flights. Lunch and spending money are also not included.
Download Project London Booklet
Ready to apply?
Complete the online application here to book your place at Project London.
Student Social Activities
Whilst learning is our main focus, we also want to ensure students make the most of their time in London and our team arrange great social activities for some of the evenings the students are with us, such as:
Tour of London
Trips to local restaurants
An evening at Covent Garden
Escape room challenge
Trip to a West End theatre show
Our projects typically fill up around 4-5 months in advance so early booking is required. If you are a school group then please see our Group Trips page.
10th February - 16th February 2019 (Fully Booked)
17th February - 23rd February 2019
7th April - 13th April 2019
14th April - 20th April 2019
26th May - 1st June 2019 (Fully Booked)
14th July - 20th July 2019
21st July - 27th July 2019
28th July - 3rd August 2019
4th August - 10th August 2019
11th August - 17th August 2019
18th August - 24th August 2019