UK Medical Work Experience
UK Hospital Work Experience
Our UK hospital work experience is our London based residential course for students aged 16-19. This course is designed to give students the most realistic and in-depth knowledge of life as a Doctor.
Students take part in a week long immersive learning experience that sees them take various roles in simulated emergency situations. Under the guidance of our medical students and UK doctor mentors.
Students also benefit from the same level of personal development that is included in our Work Experience+ course. This includes; personal statement review, mock MMIs, mock panel interviews and clinical skills training.
✔ Simulated emergency scenarios
✔ Mock MMI with feedback
✔ Mock panel interview with feedback
✔ UCKAT & BMAT seminar
✔ Teaching from UK medical students
✔ Teaching from UK doctors
Hospital Work Experience
• Private hospital simulation suite in UK hospital
• Cardiac arrest simulation
• Management of patient deterioration simulation
• Recognising respiratory patterns
• Hand Hygiene and scrub in process
• Training from Resuscitation Officers, Medical Students and Doctors
• Clinical teaching of blood pressures, saturations and defibrillation
• How to take bloods with arm mannequin
• Basic suturing techniques
• Basic life support training
• Mock MMI with feedback
• Mock panel interview with feedback
• Applying to university advice and guidance
• Questions and answer sessions with our medical students and doctors.
• Private accommodation
• Breakfast and dinner each day
• 24/7 DBS checked staff
• Airport transfers (for international students)
• Access to “Student Dashboard”
• Welcome pack and Medical Projects T-shirt
• Dedicated Personal Student Advisor
Students can complete either 1 or 2 weeks on the UK hospital based work experience course. The course is residential so all students join and stay with the Medical Projects team and fellow students.
All students will receive the induction on Sunday evening before a busy week in the hospital and teaching sessions. Please see the course structure diagram to the right. For more detailed information please see our Example Itinerary page.
Based In London
We arrange all additional logistics for students. You will be provided with breakfast and dinner each day: private accommodation, 24/7 DBS checked staff, airport transfers (for international students), access to our Student Dashboard, a welcome pack and Medical Projects T-shirt, and a dedicated Personal Student Advisor. Click below to see the full list.
Hospital Work Experience
Students on this placement will have the unique opportunity to gain experience in a state-of-the-art UK hospital. We use a private simulation suite where our Doctors control the learning environment. It includes realistic mannequins, 3D computer graphics and video feedback that enables teams to work through emergencies together and experience as closely as possible the role and life of a Doctor.
In addition to the hospital work experience students will also take part in student development sessions designed to help with the university application process. These sessions are run by current UK medical students. For the full list of student development sessions please see the list to the right.
What Is Included In This Course?
- UK hospital work experience
- Training from Resuscitation Officers, Medical Students and Doctors
- Mock MMI with feedback
- Mock panel interview with feedback
- Applying to university advice and guidance
- Questions and answer sessions with our medical students and doctors.
- Private accommodation
- Breakfast and dinner each day
- 24/7 DBS checked staff
- Airport transfers (for international students
- Access to “Student Dashboard
- Welcome pack and Medical Projects T-shirt
- Dedicated Personal Student Advisor
- 15th October - 21st October 2017 ** Fully Booked **
- 22nd October - 28th October 2017
- 11th February - 17th February 2018
- 18th February - 24th February 2018
- 25th March - 31st March 2018
1 week 2 weeks 3 weeks 4 weeks
£1200 £1700 N/A N/A
*Please note the £290 registration fee is in addition to the above prices.
Decide your travel dates and how many weeks you want to join us for.
Click apply now button and complete the online application form.
Pay the £290 registration fee to secure your place and dates.
Ready to join us?