Medical Pathway Programme
We are working together with a community of like-minded schools who are all passionate about delivering the best learning opportunities for students. We have our NHS doctors and our School Liaison Officer who are offering schools/colleges support, advice and guidance as part of the Medical Pathway Programme.
We work with each school individually to assess their current application advice and guidance structure. The Medical Pathway Programme ensures each school has the foundation knowledge and processes in place before progressing to the next stage of support. All our support is free to UK schools. International institutions will need to cover travel costs if on stage two or above.
Schools must apply to join the Medical Pathway Programme, as we assess the needs of each school to see where we can offer the best support. If your school wishes to apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why join the Medical Pathway Programme?
- It's free for all UK schools. Travel costs only apply for international schools.
- Develops the school/college medical applications processes.
- Expert advice, guidance and support for students.
- Access to NHS doctors and medical students.
- Discounts on all Medical Projects courses and placements.
- Being part of a group committed to student support and development.
Additional Hospital Work Experience
We do have work experience courses that can further enhance students' applications. These courses are residential courses from 1-4 weeks. More information can be found below.
Stage one ensures each school has the information and knowledge required to advise on the application process. We do this through delivering information packs at the start of each year. This is combined with our sessions for students, delivered by our doctors.
Our NHS doctors have a set of presentations that can be delivered either via Skype to a large group or in a classroom setting. These presentations are designed to provide knowledge and insight into each stage of the application process. They include:
- Applying to medical school & life as a doctor
- Interviews - Types of interview and what to expect
- Personal statement preparation
- UKCAT and BMAT session
- The importance of work experience
- Q&A session with NHS doctor
Stage two is for schools with good application advice and guidance currently in place. With these schools we aim to offer deeper insight and training to students through our in-school sessions.
These sessions are more practical and have an element of individual feedback to help each student further improve their application. These session include:
- Access to all stage one sessions
- Mock MMI sessions
- Mock panel interview sessions
- Clinical skills sessions
- Personal statement sessions
Stand Out Stage:
Stage three is for schools with an excellent medical school application programme in place. We aim to work with the school to ensure each school has multiple members of staff who are capable of delivering excellent advice and guidance. We also work with the school to promote the importance of "stand out" factors for students. Schools will receive:
- Access to all stage one and two courses
- Regular in-school group sessions
- Regular meetings and conferences with our NHS doctors
- Group bookings for our work experience placements