About The Project
Project London offers our most premium learning experience. Students take part in a week long immersive learning experience that sees them take various roles in simulated emergency situations in our simulation suite. Students also benefit from our outstanding personal development coaching. This includes; personal statement review, mock MMIs, mock panel interviews and clinical skills training.
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
This location is suitable for students aged 16-25 looking to complete a pre-medical placement.
• Private hospital simulation suite in UK hospital
• Cardiac arrest simulation
• Management of patient deterioration simulation
• Recognising respiratory patterns
• Hand hygiene and scrub-in process
• Training from Resuscitation Officers, Medical Students and Doctors
• Clinical teaching of blood pressures, saturations and defibrillation
• How to take bloods with arm mannequin
• Basic suturing techniques
• Basic life support training
• Mock MMI with personal feedback
• Mock panel interview with personal feedback
• Applying to university advice and guidance
• Questions and answer sessions with our Medical Students and Doctors.
• Private accommodation
• Breakfast and dinner each day
• 24/7 DBS checked staff
• Airport transfers (for international students)
• Access to Student Dashboard
• Welcome pack and Medical Projects T-shirt
• Dedicated Personal Student Advisor
Why Join Medical Projects?
- Students who join our placements are 3 times more likely to gain a place at university.
- Boost your personal statement to increase your chances of gaining an interview.
- Boost your experience to increase the range of discussion points at interview
- Gain hands-on experience in a simulation suite
- Experience a range of departments to broaden your knowledge.
- Experience a different healthcare system to compare and contrast to your own healthcare system.
- Meet fellow students who share the same passion for dentistry and learning
- Supported 24/7 by our experienced Medical Projects team
Based In London
What Is Included In This Course?
- UK based medical experience
- Training from Resuscitation Officers, Medical Students and Doctors
- Mock MMI with feedback
- Mock panel interview with feedback
- Applying to university advice and guidance
- Questions and answer sessions with our medical students and doctors.
- Private accommodation
- Breakfast and dinner each day
- 24/7 DBS checked staff
- Airport transfers (for international students
- Access to “Student Dashboard
- Welcome pack and Medical Projects T-shirt
- Dedicated Personal Student Advisor
We arrange all of the additional logistics for students. You will be provided with breakfast and dinner each day: private accommodation, 24/7 DBS checked staff, airport transfers (for international students), access to our Student Dashboard, a welcome pack and Medical Projects T-shirt, and a dedicated Personal Student Advisor. Click below to see the full list.
Students on this placement will have the unique opportunity to gain experience in a state-of-the-art UK hospital. We use a private simulation suite where our Doctors control the learning environment. It includes realistic mannequins, 3D computer graphics and video feedback that enables teams to work through emergencies together and experience as closely as possible the role and life of a Doctor.
In addition to the hospital work experience students will also take part in student development sessions designed to help with the university application process. These sessions are run by current UK medical students. For the full list of student development sessions please see the list to the right.
Students can complete either 1 or 2 weeks on the UK hospital based work experience course. The course is residential so all students join and stay with the Medical Projects team and fellow students.
All students will receive the induction on Sunday evening before a busy week in the hospital and teaching sessions. Please see the course structure diagram to the left.
Where you'll stay
Food and Drink: Breakfast and dinner are included each day. Breakfast is a a continental style breakfast with toast, cereals, fresh fruit and yoghurts. Dinner varies each day and is a mixture of British and international dishes.
Students with specific deitry requirement will need to let us know before you join us.
For students enrolled onto our London hospital programme we have accommodation in the heart of the city. You will share a dorm room with other students. All rooms are same gender rooms. Also, all rooms are comfortably furnished and downstairs you’ll find a cafe and chill out area where students can gather during the evenings and weekends. This is usually where you will find a member of staff, quizzes, competitions, and events.
Meet Your Mentors:
Our mentors are current UK Medical Students or current Doctors. These guys are there to help support you inside the hospital and also provide the interview and clinical skills sessions. Our UK medical students all have at least 2 clinical years training and have all been through the process you are about to. They are there to provide all the advice and guidance you need, so make the most and ask them as many questions as possible.
- 15th October - 21st October 2017 ** Fully Booked **
- 22nd October - 28th October 2017
- 11th February - 17th February 2018
- 18th February - 24th February 2018
- 25th March - 31st March 2018
- 1st April - 7th April 2018
- 8th April - 14th April 2018
- 27th May - 2nd June 2018
- 15th July - 21st July 2018
- 22nd July - 28th July 2018
- 29th July - 4th August 2018
- 5th August - 11th August 2018
- 12th August - 18th August 2018
- 19th August - 25th August 2018
1 week 2 weeks 3 weeks 4 weeks
£1700 N/A N/A N/A
*Please note the £290 registration fee is in addition to the above prices.
The recommended number of weeks at Project London is 1 week.
Ready To Join Us?
Decide your travel dates and how many weeks you want to join us for.
Click apply now button and complete the online application form.
Register your £290 deposit to secure your place and dates.
Ready to join us?