Our partner hospital is a semi-modern 400 bed hospital based in Pune, India. It sits 2.5 hours South East of Mumbai. There are 18 departments in total. Students can spend time in the following departments:
- Internal Medicine
- Maternity Ward
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Intensive Care
- Tropical Diseases
What happens at Project India?
All placements provide a balance of work experience and a range of skill developing extra-curricular activities:
- 25 hours hospital work experience per week
- 1 x Interview workshops per week
- 1 x MMI simulation with feedback
- 1 x Panel interview simulation with feedback
- 2 x Clinical training sessions per week
- Personal teaching from a UK medical student
- Personal statement review and advice
- Supervised 24/7 by DBS checked staff
- Breakfast and dinner each day
- Private accommodation for our students
- Meet and greet upon arrival airport
- Personal Student Advisor for trip preparation
How It Works
Our projects are supervised overseas hospital work experience placements. We arrange the hospital placement and also all the logistics such as accommodation, transport, food and social activities. We provide 25 hours hospital work experience per week, mock interview workshops and clinical training sessions. This is then supported by our UK team who ensure all students are catered for 24/7.
The accommodation at Project India is on the hospital campus, less than a minutes walk from the hospital. The hospital grounds have 24/7 security to ensure student safety. Students will typically share rooms between 2 or 3 and all rooms have en-suites with hot/cold showers and flushing western toilets. There are also social areas where the students can gather during the evenings and weekends.
The accommodation is surrounded by walled gardens which provide a safe and secure environment for students to play football and cricket in the evenings! You are in India, so brush up on those cricket skills whilst you are here! Get your fellow students together and organise a match or two!
Although the main focus is your time within the hospital, we are keen to ensure each students experiences the culture and sites of India! Each weekend we offer students the chance to join our weekend trip. This involves an overnight stay in a luxury resort where you can recharge your batteries. Students take part in a range of activities that combine learning about the local Indian culture, exploring this amazing area of India and relaxing after a week of learning! Here's what is included in the weekend trip:
- Guided tour of the local food markets
- Guided tour of local temples and religious sites
- Guided tour of historic Indian fort
- Chance to shop for local gifts for friend and family
- Nights stay at a luxury hotel
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (veg & non-veg meals)
- Use of swimming pool and onsite facilities
When can I Travel?
- 11th February - 17th February 2018 ** Fully Booked **
- 18th February - 24th February 2018 ** Fully Booked **
- 25th March - 31st March 2018** Fully Booked **
- 1st April - 7th April 2018** Fully Booked **
- 8th April - 14th April** Fully Booked **
- 27th May - 2nd June 2018
- 15th July - 21st July 2018
- 22nd July - 28th July 2018
- 29th July - 4th August 2018
- 5th August - 11st August 2018
- 12th August - 18th August 2018
- 19th August - 25th August 2018
To register for one of our projects you simply need to complete the online application form. Once complete you will be required to pay your £290 deposit to secure your place. You will then receive an email confirmation within 24 hours.