Our partner hospital is a semi-modern 400 bed hospital based in Pune, India. It sits 2.5 hours South East of Mumbai. There are 18 departments in total. Students can spend time in the following departments:
- Internal Medicine
- Maternity Ward
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Intensive Care
- Tropical Diseases
What happens at Project India?
All placements provide a balance of work experience and a range of skill developing extra-curricular activities:
- 25 hours hospital work experience per week
- 1 x Interview workshops per week
- 1 x MMI simulation with feedback
- 1 x Panel interview simulation with feedback
- 2 x Clinical training sessions per week
- Personal teaching from a UK medical student
- Personal statement review and advice
- Supervised 24/7 by DBS checked staff
- Breakfast and dinner each day
- Private accommodation for our students
- Meet and greet upon arrival airport
- Personal Student Advisor for trip preparation
How It Works
Our projects are supervised overseas hospital work experience placements. We arrange the hospital placement and also all the logistics such as accommodation, transport, food and social activities. We provide 25 hours hospital work experience per week, mock interview workshops and clinical training sessions. This is then supported by our UK team who ensure all students are catered for 24/7.
The accommodation at Project India is on the hospital campus, less than a minutes walk from the hospital. The hospital grounds have 24/7 security to ensure student safety. Students will typically share rooms between 2 or 3 and all rooms have en-suites with hot/cold showers and flushing western toilets. There are also social areas where the students can gather during the evenings and weekends, this is usually where you will find a member of staff with quizzes, competitions and sports events!
There are over 30 different sports activities based on-site at Project India. Evening and weekends are filled with sports events, competitions and general fun! Here are a few of the sports available; swimming, football, basketball, table tennis, volleyball, archery, badminton, gymnastics, rock climbing and many more.
Although the main focus is your time within the hospital, we are keen to ensure each students experiences the culture and sites of India! Each weekend we offer students the chance to join our weekend trip. This involves an overnight stay in a luxury resort tucked away in the hills over looking the Vashishti River. Students take part in two days of activities that combine learning about the local Indian culture, exploring this amazing area of India and relaxing after a week of learning! Here's what is included in the weekend trip:
- Guided tour of the local Parsharum Temple
- Riverboat trip on Vashishti River
- Trek up to Sunset Point to see the amazing sunset over the Vashishti River
- Evening meal overlooking the Vashishti river
- Overnight stay in the Riverview Resort
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (veg & non-veg meals)
- Use of swimming pool and onsite facilities
When can I Travel?
- 12th Feb - 18th Feb 2017 ** Fully Booked **
- 19th Feb - 25th Feb 2017 ** Fully Booked **
- 16th July - 22nd July 2017 ** Fully Booked **
- 23rd July - 29th July 2017 ** Fully Booked **
- 30th July - 5th August 2017 ** Fully Booked **
- 6th August - 12th August 2017 ** Fully Booked **
- 13th August - 19th August 2017
- 20th August - 26th August 2017
- 15th October - 21st October 2017 ** Fully Booked **
- 22nd October - 28th October 2017 ** Fully Booked **
- 11th February - 17th February 2018
- 18th February - 24th February 2018
To register for one of our projects you simply need to complete the online application form. Once complete you will be required to pay your £290 deposit to secure your place. You will then receive an email confirmation within 24 hours.