Overseas Hospital Work Experience Plus +
- Suitable for Pre-Medical Students - Pre-Dental Students - Pre-Midwifery Students - Pre-Nursing Students -
Overseas Hospital Work Experience Plus
Our overseas hospital work experience plus incorporates all the elements of our standard work experience course, with the added benefit of having UK medical students or doctors present as support mentors.
Designed for students looking to gain a deeper insight into the university application process and develop their personal statement, interview answers and technique. Students complete the same 25 hours of hospital work experience and also attend the personal development sessions run by our UK Medical Students or UK Doctors. This includes 1-on-1 time with their mentors and individual feedback.
Hospital Work Experience
• 25 hours hospital based work experience per week
• Shadowing world-class doctors and healthcare professionals
• Experience a range of departments
• Experience of a different healthcare system
• Supporting UK medical student or doctor present on project
• 1 x MMI simulation with personal feedback
• 1 x Panel interview simulation with personal feedback
• 2 x Clinical training sessions per week
• Applying to university advice and guidance
• Personal statement advice and guidance
• Questions and answer sessions with our medical students and/or doctors.
• Private accommodation for Medical Projects students and staff only
• Breakfast and dinner each day
• UK DBS checked staff supervision 24/7
• Airport transfers
• Access to “Student Dashboard”
• Welcome pack and Medical Projects T-shirt
• Dedicated Personal Student Advisor
The + Elements:
✔ UK medical student or doctor on project
✔ Mock MMI with personal feedback
✔ Mock Panel Interview with personal feedback
✔ 2 x Clinical Training Sessions
✔ Personal Statement Workshop
Your Hospital Work Experience
Students complete 25 hours hospital work experience per week. Students shadow a local doctor or consultant in each department, who will explain cases and procedures. Groups of students don't exceed five as we want this to be a personal experience with plenty of time for you to discuss cases with the medical staff. All our mentors are experienced teachers and speak English.
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Intensive Care Units
- Tropical Diseases/Medicine
- Dental Clinic
- Respiratory Medicine
Our Overseas Hospital Work Experience Plus + has been specifically designed to balance hospital based work experience and teaching sessions delivered by our outstanding staff. On the left hand side of the page you can see how each evening students have personal development sessions with our trained mentors.
An example of a week structure has been provided here.
We run 2 mock interview workshops each week that are designed to simulate certain aspects of medical school interviews. Questions will be similar to those that you'll face in your actual interviews. Each session is concluded with some general feedback and then more detailed individual feedback. These sessions include:
- Multiple Mini Interviews
- Panel interviews
- Group feedback on interviews answers
- Individual 1-on-1 interview technique sessions
Throughout the week we run mini clinical training sessions that are designed to help students understand some basic anatomical functions. These are fun and interactive ways to learn some of the basics of medicine. These sessions include:
- The body's pulses
- Manual blood pressure training
- Cardiovascular examination
- Respiratory examination
- Abdominal examination
Meet your mentors
Our mentors are current UK Medical Students or current Doctors. These guys are there to help support you inside the hospital and also provide the interview and clinical skills sessions. Our UK medical students all have at least 2 clinical years training and have all been through the process you are about to. They are there to provide all the advice and guidance you need, so make the most and ask them as many questions as possible. If you want to find out a bit more about them, click the "Meet the Mentors" button.
What our students say...
"One of the best parts about the course was that not only did we get hospital work experience, but the organizers also managed to cram a ton of information regarding medical ethics, interviews and general advice."
Shadowing doctors, I learnt about parts of medicine that I was not aware of before. The mock interviews conducted really helped me get an insight of the actual interview that is required for entry into medicine.
"Medical Projects allowed me to get invaluable work experience in India. I saw a whole range of specialities in the hospital from orthopaedics to general medicine to oncology. I can't recommend Medical Projects enough!"
Decide your travel dates and how many weeks you want to join us for.
Click apply now button and complete the online application form.
Register your £290 deposit to secure your place and dates.
Done! You are set to join us!