Medic Insight Day
Our medic insight day is a unique learning experience designed to give students a hands-on experience of working within an NHS hospital.
Students spend a full day in our NHS simulation suite where they take the role of an Accident and Emergency Doctor. The group of students will be presented with various medical emergencies and will have to work as a team to diagnose and treat each patient.
Our UK doctors will guide them through the process and provide small break-out sessions designed to build a knowledge and interest in medicine.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is designed for students aged 15-19 who are interested in a career in medicine. We have a maximum capactiy of 25 students per course so early booking is advised.
Why join the Medic Insight Day?
- Gain a deeper understanding of life as an NHS doctor.
- Gain an expert level of knowledge on the medical school application process.
- Build your knowledge to make an informed decision if medicine is the career path for you.
- All teaching delivered by experienced NHS doctors.
- All teaching is held in NHS London hospitals.
- Hospital work experience that can be used to boost your personal statement.
- Additonal talking points to boost your interview answers.
- Meet like-minded students who are applying to medical school.
Where does this course take place?
Our Medic Insight day is held at our NHS hospital in Central London.
Students on this placement will have the unique opportunity to gain experience in a state-of-the-art UK hospital. We use an NHS simulation suite where our Doctors control the learning environment. It includes realistic mannequins, 3D computer graphics and video feedback that enables students to work through emergencies together and experience as closely as possible the role and life of a Doctor. Students are coached on how to deal with emergency situations and will build up to running several simulation emergency situations themselves. Its an exciting and challenging environment supported by the Medical Projects team.
Exactly What's Included:
- Welcome and introduction session with our NHS doctor(s).
- Tour of medical simulation suite.
- Life as a doctor talk.
- 3 x medical emergency scenarios.
- 3 x break-out sessions.
- 2 x clinical skills sessions.
- Feedback provided after each session.
- 9am-5pm in our NHS simulation suite in London.
- Gain a hands-on learning experience.
- Teaching by NHS doctor.
- Experience a range of medical scenarios.
Medic Insight Standard Timetable:
8:30am - 9:00am
9:00am - 9:15am
9:15am - 10:00am
10:00am - 10:30am
10:30am - 11:00am
11:00am - 11:15am
11:15am - 12:00 noon
12:00 noon - 1:00pm
1:00pm - 1:30pm
1:30pm - 1:45pm
1:45pm - 2:30pm
2:30pm - 3:30pm
3:30pm - 4:00pm
4:00pm - 4:30pm
4:30pm - 5:00pm
5:00pm - 5:30pm
Welcome and introduction
Tour of our simulation suite
Life as a doctor talk
Break-out session 1 - Patient assessment
Simulation session 1
Reflection and feedback on simulation session 1
Break-out session 2 - Roles within A&E team
Simulation session 2
Reflection and feedback on simulation session 2
Break-out session 3 - Advanced communication in NHS teams
Clinical skill sessions - Cannulation, Venipuncture, Suturing
Simulation session 3
Reflection and feedback on simulation session 3
Debrief and summary
Q&A session with our NHS doctor and team.
- 18th July 2018
- 25th July 2018
- 1st August 2018
- 8th August 2018
- 24th October 2018
- 31st October 2018
Our Medic Insight Day costs £175 per student.
Groups of 10+ students receive a 10%.
How to Apply:
Ready to join us? Students need to complete our online application form which can be found here: