Hospital Work Experience - February 2018 Special Offer
We're offering a special discount for our hospital work experience overseas course running in February 2018 at our Project Tanzania and Project Transylvania. Our partnerships mean you have access to more departments and cases.
Where can you undertake an overseas placement:
Students complete 25 hours hospital work experience per week. Students shadow a local Doctor or Consultant in each department, who will explain cases and procedures. Groups of students don't exceed five as we want this to be a personal experience with plenty of time for you to discuss cases with the medical staff. All our mentors are experienced teachers and speak English.
We run 2 mock interview workshops each week that are designed to simulate certain aspects of medical school interviews. Questions will be similar to those that you'll face in your actual interviews. Each session is concluded with some general feedback and then more detailed individual feedback. These sessions include: Multiple Mini Interviews with feedback Panel interviews with feedback Individual 1-on-1 interview technique sessions Online UKCAT preparation course
• Shadow doctors and/or consultants
• Witness different healthcare systems
• Attend outpatient clinics
Throughout the week we run mini clinical training sessions that are designed to help students understand some basic anatomical functions. These are fun and interactive ways to learn some of the basics of medicine. These sessions include:
• The body's pulses
• Manual blood pressure training
• Respiratory examination
• Cardiovascular examination
- Private accommodation
- Breakfast and dinner each day
- 24/7 DBS checked staff
- Airport transfers (for international students)
- Access to Student Dashboard
- Welcome pack and Medical Projects T-shirt
- Dedicated Personal Student Advisor
Why gain international hospital work experience?
It goes without saying that there are numerous benefits to gaining work experience, as this provides scope for your continued growth and development. Becoming involved in experience in another country can be even more valuable, as it demonstrates you have courage and make bold decisions. You will find yourself out of your normal comfort zone and become exposed to different ways of working and cultures.
- Show you're a quick learner
- Improve communication skills
- Build a global network
- Find fresh ideas
- Gain a competitive edge over your peers
- Project Kilimanjaro (1 week): was £900 - now only £700
- Project Transylvania (1 week): was £1200 - now only £1000
February 2018 Offer Dates:
- 11th February - 17th February 2018
- 18th February - 24th February 2018
OVERSEAS DISCOUNT CODE: L5YF33C
If you book onto one of our overseas placements for February you can use our one-off £200 discount code! THIS CODE IS AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY.
Decide your travel dates and how many weeks you want to join us for.
Click apply now button and complete the online application form.
Register your £290 deposit to secure your place and dates.
Ready to join us?