Who Completes an Elective With Medical Projects?
Our electives are for current medical students looking to develop their clinical skills, assist in developing countries and experience amazing countries with friends. Our programmes are very flexible and you can balance your time in hospital with time exploring the local area with friends.
We have a number of hospitals and clinics with an extensive range of departments, all of which can be chosen from to create your own personal elective. We also have a variety of travel options that you can explore with your free time.
Your Elective. Your Choice.
- Choose how many days per week you are in the hospital
- Choose which specialty/department you want to gain experience within
- All our doctors are English speaking and are experienced teachers
- Optional weekend trips to islands, beaches and safaris
- Connect with other students travelling at the same time
- Medical Projects 24/7 in-country staff
- Private and secure accommodation just for Medical Projects students
- Breakfast and dinner included each day if you wish
What is a Medical Projects Elective?
Our electives are structured and flexible placements that can be tailored to your specific interests and requirements. Here is what else is included:
Flexible elective placements
English speaking doctors
24/7 In-country staff
Full induction and local orientation
Island trips, beaches and safaris available
Breakfast and dinner included
Meet and greet service on arrival
Airport transfers included
Local assistance booking trips and excursions
Connect with other students before travelling
Volunteering projects also available
Choice of departments...
Each location has a range of departments. Let us know where you want to be and for how long. We will take care of the rest. Take your pick:
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Intensive Care Units
- Tropical Diseases/Medicine
- Respiratory Medicine
Travel and Social Activities
We understand how important the exploring and social side of an elective is. We have a great choice of free and additional activities that you can experience whilst completing you elective. Our in-country staff are on-hand to help you plan and arrange all of these. Here are a few examples:
- Incredible safari options
- Climb Kilimanjaro
- Visit the beaches of Zanzibar
- Volunteer at local orphanages & schools
- Visit the local Massai villages and markets
- Visit the local coffee plantations
- Visit Lake Manyara (Flamingo Lake)
Where Can I Complete My Elective?
Choose Your Dates
You can decide when you want to join us. All our electives start on a Saturday or Sunday all year round. When completing the application form please double check your start date is a Saturday or Sunday.
How to apply:
Select your travel dates and how many weeks you would like to join us for.
Click apply now button and complete the online application form.
Register your £290 deposit to secure your place and dates.
Ready to join us?
Meet Our Team
Our team are there to help support your elective placement and assist you with any local travels and excursions . Our UK medical team have all been through the process you are about to and can offer you advice and guidance, so make sure you ask them as many questions as possible! If you want to find out a bit more about them, click the 'Meet the Mentors' button.